- unless you repent and are saved by Jesus Christ. It is sin which separates man from God (Is. 59:2), who will not dwell with sin (Ps. 5:4), and and even one sin makes you a condemned law breaker (Ja. 2:10), and in need of salvation. This is only a partial list of sins (here is an attempt at a much longer one, and here are many capital crimes) but which serves to help reveal how great a sinner man is, with the Ultimate Sin (see #40) being rejecting the LORD Jesus Christ, the Divine Son of God, whom the Father sent to be “the Savior of the world” (1Jn. 4:14), and “who loved me and gave Himself for me” (Gal. 2:20). A person who turns in his heart to the Lord Jesus from sin, trusting Him for salvation, is forgiven, "born again," and adopted by God on Christ's expense (His own sinless blood) and righteousness. And while Christians are not sinless, they are characterized by following Jesus, and repenting when he/she does not. For how to be saved, keep reading after this section.
(Note: hover mouse over links for Scripture popup text. Use Firefox for best results.)
1. IDOLATRY — the making of any created thing to be your "god;" finding your ultimate security in, or settings your ultimate love upon any created thing(s), whether material, human, or formal false religious gods; paying homage to, or worshiping idols, attributing divine power to created entities. (Is. 45:18; Ex. 20:3 Dt. 5:7; 6:5,14; 17:2-7; 27:15; Acts 21:25; 1 Cor. 5:11; 12:2; 2 Cor. 6:16; 1 Ths. 1:9; 1 Jn. 5:21; Rev. 2:14,20; 9:20)
2. BLASPHEMY — Attacking or otherwise showing disrespect toward God and His name or character; attributing to other beings GOD's unique divine qualities; profanity in word or deed. (Lv. 24:16; Ex. 20:7; 1Ki. 21:10; Mt. 12:31; Acts 26:11; 1Tim. 1:3; Ja. 2:7)
3. FALSE PROPHECY in the name of the LORD — misusing or misappropriating God's name and authority. (Deu 18:20a; Jer. 20:1-6; 28:11-17)
4. FALSE PROPHETS — Enticing others to practice false religion; apostasy. (Dt. 13:6-12; Mt. 23:15; Acts 13:10)
5. WITCHCRAFT — the practice of witches; occultic magic; ouija boards, astrology, palmistry, necromancy, divination, etc.; also likened to rebellion. (Ex. 22:18; Lv. 19:31; 20:6,27; 1Sam. 15:23)
6. CHILD SACRIFICE TO IDOLS, FALSE GODS (see #1) — includes directing them to laws and ideologies contrary to God's word. (Lv. 18:21; 20:2; Dt, 12:31; 18:10)
7. REBELLION AGAINST PARENTS — Cursing, disrespect, or constant rebellion against parents (except where obedience is required which conflicts with God's laws) (Ex. 20:12; 21:15, 17; cf. Lv, 20:9; Dt. 21:18; 27:16)
8. DISOBEDIENCE TO AUTHORITY — Disobedience to just judgments by God-ordained authority. (Dt. 17:9,10a, 11b,12; Josh 1:18; Rm. 13:1-7; 1Pet. 2:13,14)
9. MURDER — premeditated killing with malice; intentional unlawful and or unjust killing of another human; homicide with malicious forethought. (Ex. 21:12-14: Lv. 24:17; Num. 35:31; Dt. 19:11,12; Jn. 8:44; 1 Tim. 1:9; 1 Pet. 4:15; 1 Jn. 3:15)
10. NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE — Death of another caused by one's own negligence. (Ex. 21:29)
11. HOMOSEX — sexual activity between persons of the same gender; seeking to join same genders in marriage (cf. here and here (Lv. 18:22; 20:13; Rm. 1:26,27; 1 Tim. 1:10)
12. EFFEMINANCY — men unnaturally taking on female characteristics and behavior. (Dt. 22:5; 1 Cor. 6:9)
13. BESTIALITY — sexual relations between humans and animals. (Ex. 22:19; Lv. 18:23; 20:15; Dt. 27:21)
14. ADULTERY — violation of the marriage bed; extramarital sexual relations in heart or actions (includes lusting by pornography). (Lv. 20:10; Dt. 22:23-25; Mk. 7:20-23; Jn. 8:3-5; Gal. 5:19; 1 Cor. 6:9)
15. FORNICATION — sexual intercourse before marriage: also adultery and spiritual unfaithfulness. (Gn. 34; Mt. 19:9; Mk. 7:20-23; Acts 15:20; 21:25; Rm. 1:29; 1 Cor. 5:1,11; 6:13,19; 7:2; Gal. 5:19; Eph. 5:3; Col. 3:5; 1Ths. 4:3; Rev. 9:21; 14:8; 17:2,4; 18:3; 19:2);
16. SEXUAL UNCLEANNESS — all unnatural, impure or otherwise illicit or unmarried sexual activity, in heart or deed. (Mk. 7:20-23; 2Cor. 12:21; Gal. 5:19; Eph. 5:3; Col. 3:5)
17. DECEIT, LYING — dishonesty in every form, being a false witnesses. (Dt. 19:15; Mk. 7:22; 14:1; Acts 13:10; Rm. 1:29; 1 Tim. 1:10; 1Ths. 2:3; 1Pet. 2:1,22; 3:10; Rev. 2:2; 14:5; 21:8)
18. MISDIRECTING PEOPLE — Making the blind wander out of the way; misleading people. (Dt. 27:18; Mt. 15:14)
19. FALSE PRETENSE IN MARRIAGE Marriage under the pretense of being a virgin. (Dt. 22:20)
21. COVETOUSNESS — Selfish lusting for things. (Lk. 12:15; Rm. 1:29; 2 Cor. 9:5; Eph. 4:19; 5:3; Col. 3:5; 1 Ths. 2:5; 2 Pet. 2:3,14)
22. THEFTS — stealing; the unlawful taking of anything material, intellectual, etc. (Ex. 20:15; Lv. 19:11; Dt. 19:14; Dt. 27:17; Ezek. 22:29; Mk. 7:22; Jn. 12:6; Eph. 4:28; 1 Pet. 4:15)
23. PERVERTING JUSTICE — perversion of what is right for the stranger, fatherless or widow. (Exo 22:22-24; Deu 27:19)
24. HATRED — Unholy bitter aversion, animosity, antagonism, resentment. (Rm. 1:29; Gal. 5:20; Ja. 4:4)
25. VARIANCE — contentious spirit; refusal to submit to truth. (Rm. 1:29; 1Cor. 3:3; Gal. 5:20; Tts. 3:9)
26. EMULATIONS — unholy zeal; selfish ambition; strife to excel at the expense of another. (Num. 12; Gal. 5:20; Phil. 2:14)
27. WRATH — Carnal turbulent, violent passions; unholy active anger, indignation. (2 Cor. 12:20; Gal. 5:20; Col. 3:8)
28. STRIFE — fleshly disputations; selfish contention for superiority. (Gal. 5:20; Rm. 1:29; 13:13; 1 Cor. 1:11; 2 Cor. 12:20; Phil. 1:15; 2:24; 1Tim. 6:4; 3:9; 1 Pet. 5:5)
29. SEDITION — carnal, unholy assembly in opposition to lawful authority: fleshly factious uprising; (Num. 12; 16; Rm. 16:7; 1 Cor. 3:3; Gal. 5:20)
30. HERESIES — unholy divisions; false doctrine opposed to established fundamental truth. (Gal. 5:20; Tts. 1:3)
32. ENVYINGS — feeling displeasure at the excellence or prosperity of another. (Num. 16:3,7; Mt. 27:18; Mk. 15:10; Rm. 1:29; Phil. 1:15; 1Tim. 6:4; Tts. 3:3; 1Pet. 2:1)
33. DRUNKENNESS — the state of being drunk; under the influence of intoxicating substances which alter the senses for recreation. “Even the cares of the world, when they intoxicate the mind” (Adam Clarke). (Ga. 5:21; Dt. 21:20; Lk. 21:34; 1 Cor. 5:11; 6:10; Eph. 5:18; 1 Ths. 5:7)
34. REVELINGS — boisterous, indulgent festivities, carousing, loud merry-making, partying. (Ex. 32:1-8; Gal. 5:21; Rm. 13:13; 1Pet. 4:3)
35. PRIDE — haughtiness; egotism; conceit. Seeing yourself better than you really are. (Ps. 12:3; 101:5; 119:21; 123:4; 138:6; Prv. 6:17; 15:25; 16:5; 21:4,24; 28:25; Eccl. 7:8; Is. 2:12)
36. FOOLISHNESS — frivolous or irresponsible behavior. (Prv. 12:23; 22:15; 24:9; 27:2; Eccl. 7:25; 1 Pet. 2:15)
37. EXTORTION — forced extraction of money, sex, things, by manipulation; coercion. (1 Cor. 5:11; Lk. 18:11; Mt. 7:15)
39. EVIL THOUGHTS (Mk. 7:21; Mt. 9:4; Ja. 2:4) — any evil thoughts, or imaginations, including unwarranted suspicions; resentment; illicit sex fantasies; planning evil.
40. THE ULTIMATE SIN OF DAMNATION - Rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God, and the only One who can save you from all your sins.
John. 3:18, 36 - He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on Him.
"In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day" (2Ths. 1:-10).
Consider your Soul in the Light of Eternity
There is a God - your Creator, Who has given us both good things and good laws. But “All have sinned” (Rm. 3:23), breaking His good laws and misusing the good things which He has given us for our benefit. Your sins have separated you from God, and no sin will be or should be allowed into God's Holy Heavenly City (Is. 59:1, 2; Rv. 21:27).
If you die in your sins - if you have not cast all your faith upon the Lord Jesus Christ to save you and had all your sins washed away by His precious blood ( which results in obeying Him) – then you will go to a real place that is just the opposite of Heaven, a place of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth (Mt. 8:12; 13:42). You must be forgiven and born (spiritually) by the Holy Spirit of Christ to see Heaven.
Right now you are in one of two spiritual conditions, dead in sins or alive in Christ; traveling on one of two paths, the broad way that leads to everlasting destruction or the narrow way that leads to everlasting life; and heading for one of two eternal places, the Lake of Fire or the Heavenly City (Eph. 2:1; Mt. 7:14; Rev. 20-22).
The Only Way you can have your sins forgiven and get back to God is through the Lord JESUS CHRIST, whom the Father sent to save you (Acts 4:12; 1Jn. 4:10, 14).
It is He who came down from Heaven to live a completely sinless and perfect life, sacrificially showing us what God is like in His love, power and righteousness. Then, in “amazing grace,” He who “did no sin” (1Pet. 2:10) took responsibility for all we have done wrong, paying the price for the forgiveness of our sins with His own sinless blood, dying for us! And having done all that is necessary to atone for our sins, it is He whom God raised “up from the dead and gave Him glory” (1Pet. 1:21), and who now reigns in Heaven at the Father's right hand as man's present Savior and future Judge (Act 10:39-43).
Therefore there is no salvation in any other: “for there is none other Name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12). Neither Allah, the Pope, Mary, Muhammmad, Buddha, etc. can save you. Your church membership, “good deeds,” praying to saints, etc. will not make you right with God. Only the One who came down from Heaven to die for you and rose again is able to redeem you, on His expense and credit (blood and righteousness) - not yours – and strengthen you to follow Him.
“Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them” (Heb. 7:25). “
What you do with Jesus Christ, the only Begotten Son of the Living and True God, reveals what you truly, ultimately love, and determines where and with whom you will spend ETERNITY!
The ultimate question is, ”What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ?” (Mt. 27:22) and which YOU are now asked. The demonic crowd at that time cried, “Let Him be crucified.” By your choice today you are either choosing to be partners with them in damnation, or with those who truly profess “Jesus Christ is Lord” and receive Him unto salvation. “Choose ye this day whom ye shall serve.”
We pray that you, dear soul, will not be a fool and sin away your day of grace but instead will “forsake the foolish and live” by deciding in your heart you want Jesus more than anything, and choosing Christ and His Life today. (Prv. 9:6).
Humble yourself as a guilty and helpless sinner and pray to the Lord Jesus to save you, giving your sins and life to Him:
“.. the publican [a known sinner], standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner” and “went down to his house justified” (Lk. 18:13).
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Rom. 10:9).
The Lord Jesus said, “He that is not with Me is against Me (Mat. 12:30). To decide for Christ is the most important and necessary decision you will ever make. Therefore think on these things and do not rest until you have truly received the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
This decision is shown by being baptized under water in identification with your Lord and following Him as enabled with a Bible-believing and preaching church...despite persecutions!
"Then they that gladly received His Word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.” “..and went everywhere, preaching the Word” (Acts 2:41, 42; 8:4 ).
May God bless you and give you grace. Praise the Lord!
“O give thanks unto the Lord for He is good; for His mercy for ever” (Ps. 107:1)!